IPB’s destructive test laboratory provides a wide range of mechanical testing all of which is machined in our own in house facilities by experienced and highly trained production operatives.
Our Laboratory Managers Simon Pescod & Steven Cummings trained for many years under possibly IPB Testing’s greatest asset, the late Ian Dawson who essentially built up the test house from its inception in 2007 while overseeing the employment and development of all our personnel.
We offer testing services to a wide range of customers including those in the oil and gas, power generation, general fabrication and heat treatment sectors as well as steel stockists and the like.
Under our UKAS accredited ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 management system the following mechanical tests can be carried out;
- Tensile testing (ASTM and BS EN) from 2kN to 500kN
- Impact testing (ASTM, BS EN & Izod) from ambient to – 101°C
and then at – 196°C
- Vickers & Brinell hardness testing
- Weld procedure testing
- Welder qualification testing
- Bend testing
- Chemical analysis
- Corrosion testing to ASTM G48 & G28 plus ASTM A262 Method E